Our Webster Gardens Groups Ministry thrives through participation and fellowship! We want everyone in our church community to be a part of a group where you can meet and connect with friends and get the spiritual growth and Bible knowledge to serve God and get to know Him better. Groups Ministry promotes spiritual maturity and personal growth through meaningful Christian relationships, focusing on three primary activities:
- CONNECTING in community: Each group takes time to share what is happening in each member's lives and support one another as Christ commanded (John 15:9-13). Sharing can include planned “sharing questions,” but also can be more informal and personal as groups get more comfortable with one another. Care can take many forms such as prayer, encouragement, listening, challenging one another, and meeting real needs.
- GROWING in community: Each group sets aside time to study God’s Word. The goal is to learn how to live out our Christianity in everyday life.
- SERVING in community: Each individual is fostered not only by the support and input from the group, but also through service to others. The role each of us fills is important to the health of the church and for us to be the hands and feet of Jesus to those within our group and our community at large (Ephesians 4:11-16). It is our hope that groups can find and/or be affirmed in the ways God has designed each person to serve, and make a difference in God’s Kingdom through community.
DIFFERENT TYPES OF GROUPS
- Care Communities: these groups are comprised of Webster Gardens members who live in a specific geography. Geographic groups offer a great way to connect with and help your "neighbors", even those who are not yet connected to Jesus. Care communities support and encourage one another through neighborhood social events, prayer and reading scripture, and serving events focused on group member needs or needs in the community at large.
- Small Groups: these "traditional" small groups are formed with members interested in studying God's Word together. Members may or may not live near one another, but these groups connect regularly for spiritual growth opportunities as well as serve together at various times during the year.
- Other Adult Ministry Opportunities: Learn more about our Men's Ministry or Women's Ministry which both offer recurring opportunities to explore how God's Word is relevant in your everyday life by building friendships and engaging in community together through classes, workshops, and shared experiences.
READY TO JOIN A GROUP?
Use the form below so that we can help you find a group-you can see a map and list of our current groups here. After submitting the form, a member of our Groups Ministry Leadership Team will be back in touch soon to help you find the right group for you and your family.