What is Faith 101?
The goal of Faith 101 is to help middle school students identify with the life and mission of the church into which God has called them.
Faith 101 is not about classes, but about discipleship. Our goal is that all components work together so that kids know God and the love He showed to them in Jesus.
Faith 101 Calendar Fall 2020
Sept 9 Intro BK Video—How this Works, How to Make it Meaningful
Section 1: How to Read the Bible
Sept 16 How to Read the Bible 1: God Speaks
Sept 23 How to Read the Bible 2: All About Jesus
Oct 7 How to Read the Bible 3: Law and Gospel
Oct 14 How to Read the Bible 4: How Not to Read the Bible
Oct 21 BK Parent Zoom "How's it Going?"
Section 2: The Old Testament
Nov 4 The Old Testament: In the Beginning
Nov 11 The Old Testament: Transactions
Nov 18 The Old Testament: Patterns and Cycles
Dec 2 The Old Testament: Waiting
Dec 9 The Old Testament: Wrap Up
Section 3: The New Testament
Jan 13 The New Testament: The Gospels
Jan 20 The New Testament: The Book of Acts
Feb 3 The New Testament: The New Testament Letters
Feb 10 The New Testament: The Book of Revelation
Gatherings: Wednesdays, 6-7:30pm (unless otherwise noted)
Location: At Church - January and February gatherings will be indoors, unless some awesome weather is happening! Masks and spatial distancing required.
February 17 (Ash Wednesday Worship, instead of regular event)
FAITH 101 COMPONENTS
wEEKLY wORSHIP, IN PERSON OR ONLINE
- Worship is foundational to spiritual growth. God gathers His people! Faith 101 families worship weekly either online or at one of our in-the-building services (8:30 and 10am Sundays, 6:30pm Mondays).
Faith 101 sessions
- 3x/month Video curriculum (5-7 minute video) and related Bible reading.
- A MyWebsterGardens form to respond to questions about the video and reading.
- Family "drive time" questions or an activity based on the lesson to help promote conversations about the week's topic.
small group leaders
- Just as in the past, students will have adult small group leaders who encourage them, check in with them, share Scripture with them and pray for them.
Gatherings (optional) 2x/month in parking lot
- Community is important! As you can, students are encouraged to grow in community at our spatially-distanced, outdoor firepit events for games, devotions, singing, and prizes. (Indoors during January and February, with no fire pit)