Our mission for groups ministry at Webster Gardens is to help every member of our church find, and provide, friendships that help each other enjoy Jesus and follow Jesus. Romans 12 tells us… “so in Chris we, though many, form one body, and each member belongs to all the others.” Groups Ministry wants to create a place where we create disciples of God as we give ourselves to each other in meaningful friendships! This is largely demonstrated in three different ways.
- Joining a Small Group Community As we attempt to provide meaningful friendships to all of our members we join small groups. We do this not only so that we can find these friendships but also so that we can give other people the opportunity to connect with us.
- Growing as Disciples in a Small Group Community: We also join small groups to receive and provide support in growing as disciples. Since we “belong” to each other we have a responsibility to help each other grow as disciples of Jesus. This can be done by helping each other read God’s word, praying for each other, serving each other, helping people accomplish their faith goals, etc.
- Expanding our Small Group Community: God calls us to share his blessings with those around us. This includes the blessing of community. We want to help those around us to also find friendships that help them enjoy Jesus and follow Jesus. This may mean helping other members from our church find a small group. It may also mean helping our neighbors or others outside of our church find friendships with believers that help them to enjoy Jesus and follow Jesus.
DIFFERENT TYPES OF GROUPS
- Care Communities: these groups are comprised of Webster Gardens members who live in a specific geography. Geographic groups offer a great way to connect with and help your "neighbors", even those who are not yet connected to Jesus. Care communities support and encourage one another through neighborhood social events, prayer and reading scripture, and serving events focused on group member needs or needs in the community at large.
- Small Groups: these "traditional" small groups are formed with members interested in studying God's Word together. Members may or may not live near one another, but these groups connect regularly for spiritual growth opportunities as well as serve together at various times during the year.
- Other Adult Ministry Opportunities: Learn more about our Men's Ministry or Women's Ministry which both offer recurring opportunities to explore how God's Word is relevant in your everyday life by building friendships and engaging in community together through classes, workshops, and shared experiences.
READY TO JOIN A GROUP?
You can see a map and list of our current groups here. You can also use the Help Me Find a Group button for your interest in a Small Group or the Sunday Care Community button to join a group that will meet on Sunday from 9:30 to 10:20am in the gym. After submitting the form, a member of our Groups Ministry Leadership Team will contact you to help you find the right group for you and your family.