We can all work TOGETHER as a church to help those who are hurting due to COVID-19. We've established a grant process where up to $500 in funds will be made available to every Webster Gardens Small Group and Care Community to help support individuals or families who have been impacted during this health crisis.
There is no pre-approval process, groups will decide how the funds are used, and anyone can be helped within or outside our WG church community. The steps to follow are listed below or feel free to watch a Help Video with answers to FAQ's about how your group can get started:
- A Small Group or Care Community group will collaborate together to determine how the group will use the funding to help someone in need. The group will use their own funds to provide support and gather receipts.
- The Group Leader will complete the reimbursement form on this webpage and attach receipts along with a short video telling your group's story of how you were able to BE THE CHURCH and help people in need
- The video can be taken from a cell phone with one or more people telling your group's story, and the individual(s) who received assistance is not required to be in the video.
- Anyone in the group can be reimbursed, but the Group Leader is the person who must request and authorize the reimbursement.
If a group wants to extend their generosity beyond the $500 church grant, the group leader should collect the “extra” money from their group and then use the funds to reimburse whoever incurs the “extra” expenses for serving people in need.
God is good, and God provides! We are excited to hear how God will work through your group and your efforts to help others.
* Grant funding will be available to each group through August 1, 2020, and reimbursement checks will typically be mailed within 7-10 days of receipt in the church office.
Frequently Asked Questions:
How do groups get started?
Meet together and talk about who you are already praying for (watch this help video for answers to many frequently asked questions about getting started). Is there some way this funding can help? If yes, then plan the details, execute your plan, and submit your receipts and video story for reimbursement.
What if I'm not in a group but know someone who has a need?
Call our church office at 314.961.5275 and we'll get you connected with a Care Community or Small Group. You can collaborate with other members of our congregation to help share God's love with our community.
How do I get reimbursed?
A Small Group or Care Community group will collaboratively decide who to support, and then the group will provide the support. The Group Leader should then fill out the online reimbursement form on this webpage (a myWebsterGardens login is required to complete the form) with receipts and a short video telling your group's story of how you loved and supported our community during COVID-19. Anyone in the group can be reimbursed for the cost of the support your group provided, but the Group Leader is the person who authorizes the reimbursement.
- Grant funding will be available to each group through August 1, 2020.
- Reimbursement checks will typically be mailed within 7-10 days of receipt in the church office.
What if I have questions or need help?
Contact or call us at 314.961.5275.